This project is read-only.

XstDb Settings Hide Buttons

Aug 26, 2010 at 11:02 AM

Hi see this in the module settings... I've tested it and like I expected it makes the edit button hidden, tho there's no way to set it back to visible, is this normal?

XsltDb Settings chHideButtons.Text
chHideButtonsDesc.Text
noSettings.Text

Coordinator
Aug 26, 2010 at 1:26 PM

Hello,

1. Yes, if you hide buttons you have no easy way to get them back. To do that you have to change module settings in database. However, you can access configuration via Rich Client. This feature helps me to hide configurations from customers that have SuperUser acces to the site and potentially can break my modules.

2. Can you send me a screenshot with "chHideButtons.Text", etc. ? It seems you have no language files for your language/culture and it can't access default resource. Very strange.

Aug 26, 2010 at 2:12 PM

I see the point... very nice thinking!

Welll I'm using pt-PT has defaut language and en-US is disable, could that have something to do with it?

I will check for other stuff like that, and lookup the resource files!

Coordinator
Aug 26, 2010 at 2:16 PM

Ok, I'll check what's happening with languages and make a fix tomorrow. I'll put a message here to notify you.

Aug 26, 2010 at 4:46 PM

Yeap, its not falling back to English.... I actually translated it to Portuguese and it all shows up.

So the resx, didn't exist (the pt-PT files) and the module simples does not fall-back to the system language (en-US).

Now they exist because I've created them in my language!

Coordinator
Aug 26, 2010 at 4:50 PM

It would be great to include Portuguese resx files into default package.

Can you send them to burtsev@yandex.ru ?

Aug 26, 2010 at 4:58 PM

Ofc.. If you want I will be glad to translate the documentation too!

Coordinator
Aug 26, 2010 at 5:11 PM

It would be great!

But docs for the moment are incomplete and sometimes outdated.

I plan to work on docs in september, create new and rearrange existing docs, add samples. After that it would be nice to start translating into other languages. So I'll keep you in mind.

Developer
Aug 26, 2010 at 10:50 PM

Anton,

I prepared an italian resourcepack for version 2.0.0, available here.

Coordinator
Aug 27, 2010 at 7:43 AM
Edited Aug 27, 2010 at 7:44 AM

Thank you guys for language packs, I'll test them and add as downloads to the next release.

I fixed "Fallback" error in 02.00.01.

Aug 27, 2010 at 9:27 AM

Thanks, you named it "01.00.01 (for DNN 5)" though!

Coordinator
Aug 27, 2010 at 11:20 AM

Ups! Fixed.