1

Resolved

IIS Application Pool stops, can't view the module with Rich Client

description

I have a site running 5.5, when I installed XstlDB (latest version) all went fine.
 
I had the module to a test page only visible by admin, I've tried to use the Rich Client but it didn't found the page!
 
If I click the "Edit Xsltdb" button my IIS App Pool just stops
 
Any idea why this is happening???

comments

findy wrote Sep 6, 2010 at 1:43 PM

I know only one error that can crash pool - StackOverflowException. So to fix it you must do the following:
  1. Start pool.
  2. DON'T open your site!!!
  3. Start RichClient, it must connect successfully.
  4. Correct XSLT
  5. Open site to test results of troubleshooting.

Mike_C wrote Sep 6, 2010 at 3:05 PM

"I've tried to use the Rich Client but it didn't found the page"

The list shows empty like if there was 0 xsltdb modules in the sites!

Mike_C wrote Sep 6, 2010 at 3:10 PM

Even More intersting

None of the Database table have data (Xsltdb Tables ofc)

Mike_C wrote Sep 6, 2010 at 3:20 PM

So I've troubleshoot this in SQL.... by looking at another site config, so when adding a module to table (at least) are populated "Findy_XsltDb_Configs" and "Findy_XsltDb_Modules" So I added a new value un the _configs table (I acctually copied the string from the other site.

I've logged in the site and got the moduleID where I have XsltDB and insert this module id and the config string in the Modules table, and now I can see it in XsltDB.

So My question is I isn't DNN creating this tables? :X Is there any way i can troubleshoot that?

findy wrote Sep 7, 2010 at 6:44 AM

Records are added to XsltDb tables only when you save configuration. So Rich Client does not see module before you first save it. This is by design, but if you need I can provide more "early" access to modules with Rich Client by early adding data to tables. Just let me know.

Mike_C wrote Sep 7, 2010 at 10:13 AM

"Records are added to XsltDb tables only when you save configuration"

Hum... actually this makes all sense, I mean I can add a mdule by accident and then the tables would be populated whish might not be the best idea...

Do it would be nice to add a speacial feature to the Rich Client in wish one would provide a module ID and the settings would be inserted into the tables.... this would at least solve my problem!

Can you tell me what really happens when I click "Edit XsltDb"? Or is it possible to catch the StackOverflowException?

When I click it even after I made changes with Rich Client, it still stops my App Pool, so something is causing this in this part of the code and its not the part where it creates the settings cause those are allready there!

I'm ok with using just the Rich Client, but I don't have autocomplete whish makes the codding faster etc... anyway maybe this is something that its worth troubleshooting and fix :)

findy wrote Sep 7, 2010 at 4:48 PM

The It seems you have cyclic fallback language links or something like that. I fixed language selection in this case. Anyway, please, try installing 02.00.02 version:

http://xsltdb.codeplex.com/releases/view/51970

This is not default version for the moment as I implementing ISearchable now and don't finish yet.

Mike_C wrote Sep 7, 2010 at 6:00 PM

Since I've upgrade this site to 5.5 some things are weired indeed... like not all pages were duplicated to English (the main languge is PT)

I don't really need english enable in the pages just modules, but I think 5.5 language stuff is really with huge problems, local sites that I have run tests give me strange results....

Anyway that's a different issue and not related to XsltDB :P


And yes the 'new' release works like a charm thanks!

wrote Sep 7, 2010 at 8:03 PM

Mike_C wrote Sep 8, 2010 at 1:06 AM

ISearchable sounds great :)

And it does work now... I guess DNN 5.5 causes even more problems regardding languages then I tought!

wrote Feb 14, 2013 at 1:55 AM

wrote May 16, 2013 at 7:41 AM

wrote May 16, 2013 at 7:41 AM

wrote Jun 14, 2013 at 7:58 AM