As I opened a branch for DNN 4, I move DNN 5 to 02.00.00 version.
Upgrade from DNN 4 to DNN 5 is now possible by using following path:
- first upgrade to latest XsltDb for DNN 4 (01.49.max)
- upgrade DNN
- Install latest XsltDb version.
- XsltDb Rich Client is now working with new DNN 5.5.0 (Rich Client itself doesn't require upgrade, just upgrade XsltDb Module to 02.00.00 or higher)
- Caching is improved
- DNN caching provider is used (So web farm and web garden are fully supported)
- Concurency is greately improved (load about 20-50 requests per second on production environment forced me to optimize cache)
In some cases of using ASP.NET controls they fail to load and you can't edit a configuration using browser. This issue is opened but there is a workaround. Use XsltDb Rich Client to access module code and correct it. More about XsltDb Rich Client...