Creating package from xsltdb script

May 29, 2012 at 2:56 PM

Hello,

My first post at codeplex!

I have a doubt. I have just created a package from a xsltdb module whichs included an xsltdb script.

After installing the recently created module, the option about editing the xsltdb is not present.

I have just been trying to add the option myself using the DNN module controller lists to no results.

Please, can you give me some hint?

Thanks you very much.

May 31, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Ouch, dead project. What a pity.

I am now coding a workaround just by adding a file as a setting and doing a mdo:transform from the xsltdb script.

Now I am wondering how to read the content of the file using xsltdb...

Jun 1, 2012 at 8:48 AM

Ok, trying with mdo:transform ($xml, $xsl)... Xsltdb does not support loading a file up to memory, so no posible use.

Trying using xsl-import: A lot of problemas: It you try with ../ style path, I does not like it. Neither it is a /portal/.... The only one is starting with ~, and I have not concluded about how to forge a good path from the ddbb filepath... The settings file type of field is incomplete, undocumented and bugged. You can operate with it, but with some limitations workarounding its issues. But if you create a settings field and use it like filename selector, it does not work because xsltdb acts like you are asking xsl to include a xsl file called 'setting("settingsfieldname")' placed at the mdo subfolder of the portal/defaul. It seems to works almost only with mdo:filename so it reads the file called filename from portal/_default/mdo.

Now we are just xsl:including an external with multiple templates and we will invoke the desired template. It appears the only way to do something like what the client want.